Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

DOAPT - still hate you

DOAPT is annoying me again. I'm realizing that his very existence grates on me. It seems that sound he makes walking through the office displacing air affects me like fingernails along a chalk board affects the general populace.

We're getting new computers in the office. Did you know that? Well, I didn't. Fortunately, I have a laptop (don't get me started again on how long THAT took) but if I didn't, then I would be hard pressed to actually keep my work files because I didn't have any notice. But anyway ...

An email goes around the office that the old computers and monitors are for sale. I ask DOAPT if the monitors are flat screens and apparently they all are. So I tell him that since I have a laptop and a docking station that I would like for him NOT to sell one of the flat screens so that I can keep it at my desk as my monitor. Right, I have a docking station but I have to stare at the laptop screen to do my work when i'm docked. It's brilliant, I know.

So, days and days go by and I finally stop him in the hall ... where all the laptops and monitors for sale are sittign atop the file cabinets and ask him if I can take one to my office and install it.

"Not now," holding up a finger and walking away from me in a hurry to a meeting.

Not now.

because they aren't sitting right there where I can get one.

I'm so mad I didnt just take it and install it.

hate that mfer

1 comment:

Don said...

spoiled *ss. LOL.