Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh, isn't that nice

Listen here, carajo.

When you ask me to look at this marketing piece and I tell you that

a) the size should be 8" x 8"
b) the text should be a darker color, and the logos should be in black because our clients are old and small fonts with white text on a colored background will be hard on their eyes and they won't read it
c) you should round the edges, so that the corners aren't pointy and the piece stands out

don't tell me you're giving me credit when you send an email back to the production department saying, "JACK suggested we round the edges."

That's giving me 1/3 credit, dammit. Don't think I didn't catch on ... but you're a director and I'm a manager, so I just eat it. But don't think for ONE minute that I didn't pick up on your taking credit for 2/3 of my ideas.

And don't think I haven't picked up on the fact that you have been asking me for my ideas for over a month on various and sundry things and this is the first time you've even hinted at giving me credit.

Don't think I don't know - that's all I'm saying. Actually, that's not all I'm saying - just know that at the appropriate time I will let folks know what was my idea that you passed off as YOUR idea.

Carry on.

No comments: