Pages

Friday, February 04, 2011

Other Temp's Brush With Death

Now that I have Twitter in my life, I don't need this blog to vent about work stuff. Actually, maybe I should stop talking shit about work on Twitter before I'm ever so kindly asked to leave.

But you know what? I only have one complaint about this place, and his name is Other Temp.

He joined the department about two weeks after I came on as a temp, and right off the bat I ain't like him. Other Temp is that guy that always goes for the obvious joke and has GOD-AWFUL delivery with said obvious joke AND has the most annoying, raspiest voice ever.

Of course he's five foot NOTHING, because it's always the little ones that have the most shit to say.

He's also EXTRA for no damn reason. If you ask a simple question like, "Do you think this needs a comma here?" he will bore you to tears with an unabridged history of the comma before answering you. He was recently assigned to write talk points/remarks for the Big Boss Lady for an upcoming event. I sent him samples of copy I've written for her in the past, so that he can get a feel for her style of speech. Why this FOOL wanna hear audio/see video of her speaking to get a feel for her CADENCE. WTF? She's not the POTUS, jerk-off; just write some damn remarks and keep it moving.

Listen, I get it: he wants to be thorough. But there's such a thing as being thorough to the point that your co-workers want to stab you in the throat. He needs constant reassurance and asks a ba-jillion inane questions...LORD, if he weren't already leaving at the end of the month for a permanent gig somewhere else...

No comments: