Pages

Thursday, January 29, 2009

I'll Never Overthink Anything Ever Again. Promise.

Assignment: work on the 'About Us' copy for a client's website.

When I received it, it read like a news article or a press release, so I chopped it to it's bare bones, only leaving in 'About Us'-type info.

BossMan tells me all the stuff I cut out is vital to the message they want to put out.

I suggest they create links/new pages on the site to discuss issues, and not use the 'About Us' for that, since, um, that's not what it's for.

He says all the higher-up muckity-mucks were fine with it and I'm over-thinking it.

I reject all the changes in the Word document, reverting it back to it's original version, and hand it back to him saying it's fine as is, minus the first paragraph.

Far be it from me to mess up their quest for mediocrity...

No comments: