What is it about American office buildings that the managers feel the need to keep the temperature at an un-godly, almost freezing temperature? And how hard is it to turn off the A/C when the weather is nice and breezy outside? And oh, I don't know, maybe turning on the heat a lil bit when the mercury dips below 60?
It seems no matter where I go: the book packager in SoHo; the senior center in Riverdale, the private school in Fieldston, the boarding school in New Jersey; the magazine in Brooklyn; the PR firm in Gramercy-- everyone seems to be really really hot. Because they've all insisted on setting the thermostat to "FROST" and left me shivering at my desk.
And when your job requires you to use your brain to think and your hands to type, it's really detrimental to my work flow to have see my own breath every time I exhale.
This is unmitigated proof that I need to be working from the comfort of my warm apartment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment