Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Is There A Sign On My Forehead?

Jeez-Louise!! I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to new people in the work place!

My bosses have hired someone new to be the staff assistant- answer phones, etc- and they were all like: oh she's great, she used to work at such and such, blah blah blah. And I'm sure she's great, but she's FUCKING ANNOYING!

Case in point:

New ASSistant-- (standing WAY TOO CLOSE to my desk) Do you know how to do paste-ups?

Me-- (giving her the side eye) No, sorry, I pretty much only do the writing here; I don't really do any of the PR work or anything that involves what the agents do. I just write and edit.

New ASSistant-- (lingering by my desk for what seems like 3 hours) OK

WTF? And she does that every time! She'll ask a question, you'll answer her right away, and she'll just linger there staring at you as if you're speaking Greek and she's waiting for the U.N. interpreter to translate what you've just said into her earpiece. Then after you're feeling all uncomfortable and shit, wondering if there's a booger in your nose or a huge zit on your face because GOD DAMN SHE WON'T STOP STARING AT YOU, she says, "OK" and waddles away.

I've only had to work with her for two days and already I want punch her in the neck.

Haven't you ever heard of personal space, bitch? DAYUM!!! Back the fuck up! Don't get cut up in here...

No comments: